Sunday, July 13, 2014

Instagram

I have a love-hate relationship with social media and the irony as I type this on a social media site is not lost on me. I love that it brings me closer to friends that have moved and family that I rarely get to see, keeping me up to date on their lives. Really it has created a relationship that we probably wouldn't have other wise. At the same time it can be and is slowly becoming a way for me to compare myself to others. Scrolling through their beautiful feed of pictures and pouring over their seemingly perfect lives. Perfect husbands, children, clothes, home, travels, etc.

I know we only post what looks good , no one wants to post a picture of them in bed with the flu, not having showered for a week. And I know feeling like my life is less than these perfect women is no one's fault but my own, but why is it so hard to not feel this way? I guess it comes down to being satisfied with your own life and not letting others have a bad affect on your happiness. Easier said than done! I want to make more of an effort with out having to completely rid myself of all social media, but I guess if it comes down to it, I lived without it once and I can do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment