Sunday, May 19, 2013

Orlando

Last week one of my bests, Coleen, and I made our wish of visiting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter finally come true! Being the nerds we are, there was nothing we wanted more than to guzzle down some butterbeers at the Three Broomsticks and peruse Ollivander's Wand Shop.


First things first we ran straight to Hogwarts castle to ride The Forbidden Journey, which I can safely say, I will never do again. I have never felt so sick in my life! But I would stand in line just to walk through the castle one more time. Moving portraits, the sorting hat, Dumbledore's office, Hermoine casting spells in the classroom! Nerd heaven! Of course we stopped in for a butterbeer, wandered around Honeyduke's sweets and Zonko's joke shop and went in every other store they had to offer. Perfection! 





Once we peeled ourselves away from all things Harry Potter, we walked around the rest of Islands of Adventure to see what other rides I could get sick on. After Coleen's test ride and some heavy convincing I rode the Hulk Coaster, twice! Eyes closed the whole time of course. We wandered around the rest of the island taking it all in, riding every ride we could until the park closed and my feet begged for a break.  

Day two started with the Universal park, me avoiding The Rocket coaster, and really just trying to get through it all so we could get back to Harry. Seeing as it was our last day there we were sure to get in a few more rides, more than a few more butterbeers and of course pick out a wand, something I didn't plan on buying, but that place just sucks you in. We were definitely sad to go, but I'm so happy we had the chance!





The next two days were spent at Walt Disney World. That place is HUGE! What amazed me the most was the fact there are four parks and they all have their own highway. Madness! We started off in Animal Kingdom with a safari, a ride on Everest and a tour through Africa and India. Next up was Hollywood Studios, not much to do other than the Hollywood Tower of Terror, which I love, and the Rock n' Roller coaster, where you're en route to an Aerosmith concert while Steven Tyler screams in your ear, but it was fun seeing all the movie sets and walking through the stores. The night was finished off with a quick trip through Magic Kingdom and a ride through the Haunted Mansion. 




Did I mention the days were slowly getting hotter and more humid? I was told the horror stories of the Florida humidity and they were all coming true, how does anyone live there?! 

Our final day started off at Magic Kingdom, then a trip to Epcot. We visited a few countries eating some of their local treats and buying a few trinkets here and there. They all had something interesting to offer and I loved that all the employees were from the country they worked in, made for a more unique experience. I think Epcot was the beginning of the end for my legs and feet. By the time we got to China I was hobbling into Norway. Even though I felt like I couldn't go any further, Mexico was just too enticing.  We stopped in for some nachos and a much needed break then made our way back to Magic Kingdom for a ride down Splash Mountain to cool off and a spot in front of Cinderella's castle for the light show and fireworks.  This is also where Coleen got in the fight I don't think either of us will ever forget.







We had an amazing vacation and I'm so lucky I was able to go, especially with someone who enjoys the same nerdy things I do. I would say it was worth the near heat stroke, achy calves and swollen feet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment