Saturday, June 15, 2013

Aunt Mom

The past four days I've been pseudo-mom to my nieces and nephew while their parents were away at girl's camp. I had prepared for tears and fights and the three of them trying to swindle me, but instead I got three obedient and fun kids. I'm pretty sure Ava even called me mom once, so I guess I did a good job. 

Most of Thursday was spent out in the pool, leaving me with knees full of bruises, (it's not easy being a big kid in a little kid pool!) a sunburned back and a stop to the shave ice shack down the road. And of course a sleep-over with their favorite cousin. Let's just say I'm grateful swimming and sun wore them out!






After a long Friday morning and a quick dip in the pool, we headed up to Orem for the annual Summerfest carnival! There's only pics of the girls, because naturally, the impatient boys ditched us.



We ended the night at Grammie and Papa Olson's house for a campfire and s'mores and some impromptu dancing on the grass. Again, just the girls, the boys run when they see a camera unless I sneak attack them.






I had a great four days and got maybe a small taste of what it's like to be a mom and let me tell you it's hard work! These kids are three of the greatest blessings in my life and I love that I get to live so close to them and watch them learn and grow. They make me nostalgic for those summer days as a kid and I'm lucky I sort of got to relive them with my three buddies. Maybe my sister should go out of town more often!



No comments:

Post a Comment