Sunday, September 22, 2013

Maple Lake

This weekend my friend Holly and I went for a quick over night trip up Payson Canyon to Maple Lake. After a short hike to The Grotto and having to duct tape our tent poles together, we walked down to the lake and sat on the shore drinking diet cokes, watching the sunset. I love the beginning of the fall season; the leaves are just starting to change and there's just a hint of chill in the air.

We spent the rest of the night around a campfire, making s'mores and biscuits and cursing the rain while trying to act like we weren't scared of the noises surrounding us. I really enjoyed this impromptu trip and I want to make them more often. There's no better feeling than being in the mountains to me. There's a sense of peace and awe that I don't find anywhere else.






No comments:

Post a Comment