Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Lately.

Memorial Day weekend I headed down to Del Boca Vista for the first camp out of the season with the family and it was one of the best yet. Days filled with four-wheeler rides, tunes, campfires with s'mores and of course a little work here and there. The best part of the weekend was the decision to detach from the phone, minus using it for music and to text one of my bests on her birthday, it felt SO good. Out in the woods with not a care in the world about what's going on in social media. It was a nice break and something I really need to do more often. The only downside was not having any pictures to prove this perfect camping trip, but that's ok. 

I left on Monday morning for a trip to Payson Lakes with Holly, but when we reached the Grotto trail and the tiny parking lot was over flowing we headed for our second choice, Young Living Farms in Mona. We wandered the gardens and tried to get the horses, mules and camel to warm up to us, but the only action we got was from an annoyed bison. He followed us up and down the fence and we fed him weeds, screaming and laughing the whole time. They are HUGE. We ended the trip with some lavender ice cream, which tastes like dirt, but is really good at the same time. I can't explain it. 

This weekend was perfection and I have hopes and plans to be outside as much as possible this summer. Maybe by some small miracle I'll also get a tan!

The only picture from my weekend:


No comments:

Post a Comment