Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Loner


The other day while stuck at a stop light on Center Street I noticed a woman, maybe in her thirties, sitting outside at the cute Italian restaurant on the corner, alone. Well, alone with a book, but none the less enjoying a simple alfresco Italian meal in the setting sun. I was mesmerized by this, by the courage! She looked so natural like it was nothing, how is that possible?

I've thought about lone dining before, but I've never had the courage to sit there without thinking I look like a sad fool. What's her secret? Just balls out and do it? I'm too shyyyyyy.  I've mastered loner movies, so why not dinner?  I think the secret is to sit outside, take a book, where sunglasses and own it. Ok I'll do it, but I'm not telling when or where to save myself some drive-bys. Nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment