Saturday, September 29, 2012

This is Halloween

I'm dying to decorate for Halloween!  I want my house covered in pumpkins, witches, black cats, leaves and every other Halloween icon you can think of, but I promised my roommate Lindsay I would wait for her to come back from New Mexico so we could combine forces in giving our house potential for a Halloween party (perhaps?).  Until then I will light pumpkin scented candles and search for a costume while dumbly smiling at my first ever legit Halloween decoration.  Reminds me of The Nightmare Before Christmas.


I love this time of year.  I love seeing everyone in jackets, I love the thought of curling up in a blanket with a mug of hot chocolate, I love the sight of kids soon running around under the street lights wearing adorable costumes and filling their bags with candy.  I love the treats, the smells, the colors, I love it all!  

At work we've decided to be musicians and turn our office into the 'Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame' and I've chosen Willie Nelson, partly after watching an episode of King of the Hill when Hank meets his hero and partly because I don't have to buy anything for the costume which is both awesome and sad.  I don't know how I feel about being Willie at other Halloween parties though so I'm on the look out for another costume.  Suggestions?  Usually I have my costume picked out in May so this is different for me and I'm starting to feel the time crunch, only 33 days left!  




No comments:

Post a Comment