Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Still

Most nights my roommates, and sometimes myself, find ourselves in bed at a time my nineteen year old self would have called me a loser for. And if I'm being honest sometimes my twenty-seven year old self does now. I guess it's part of being a responsible adult, something I avoid looking in the eye in hopes of squeezing out what's left of my acceptable kidulthood. Though I'm usually cooped up in my bedroom on these nights I've come to enjoy them. I putter around the room, look up songs, paint my nails, read, research my current obsessions and more often than not binge watch whatever I have queued up on Netflix. Though there are times I wish we would stay up until all hours of the night, I am grateful for that perfect moment when the house is still and I truly relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment