Thursday, January 2, 2014

That Time of Year

Even though the word ‘resolution’ is synonymous with failure in my mind, I’ve decided to make just one for 2014. Something attainable, that I probably won’t consider that difficult until I put it into action.

NO PHONES AT THE TABLE

I can’t even recall the last time I’ve gone out to eat with friends or family when a phone has been in someone’s hand, mine included. And for what? Most of the people I text are sitting at the table with me and there’s no reason to check Twitter or Instagram when I could be talking and laughing with those right in front of me. I also didn’t realize how rude it looked or how ignored friends felt when trying to talk to me until I was on the other side of the phone. 

I don’t like the power technology and our phones have to grab our attention away from those that matter most so with that in mind I will leave the phone in my bag or pocket while out with friends or family and I encourage all of us to do the same!

1 comment:

  1. I love everything about this resolution. I'm jumping on the bandwagon and making Jas do the same. I was just telling Jason that I feel like people don't talk any more because we are always looking at our phones. Plus eating and texting could possibly be hazardous for your health. :)

    ReplyDelete